This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The End of our Journey.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: The End of our Journey.   Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Greetings, fellow role-players and friends.
I hope that this day bids you all well.

It all began two years ago with two Death Knights situated within a ziggurat in the Fungal Vale, and yet, we grew into a full contingent of Death Knights born from the Nazahnen in Northrend and eventually, transformed into a full-fledged sub-order of the Cult of the Damned within Caer Darrow. We have come a very long way and have shared many adventures, experiences and memories; we have stood vigilant with a resilient resolve to our Master - the Lich King! And I could not have asked for a better community and group of friends to experience that most enthralling and captivating concept and story with. But sadly, all things come to an end.

It is true, a decision has been made to officially deem the guild inactive. This happened due to a variety and collection of reasons that we all might know and can not control - such as the concept itself being 3/4 years late, the concept being shrouded with a false stigma and thus people not entirely knowing how it is role-played, the limitations and sacrifices one must make to role-play it properly (the fanaticism, being secluded up north, etc), perhaps even the state of the realm at various times and other relevant factors. All these reasons contribute to a difficulty in recruitment and preserving the guild. But the main reasons here are two: loss of interest, and loss of time.

The two mentioned factors has sadly happened within our very own numbers. In the past, no matter how difficult recruitment is - we had a steady core membership and could keep the guild going strong. Now, sadly, it is not the same; that core membership is gone. Nowadays, everyone either has lost the interest to stay on, or the time to try to be on. People are either alts, spending their time on other characters or just unable to be on at all. Do note; I am not expecting to force anyone into having interest and time - I understand the reasons behind people not having any of the two. And thing is, in order for the guild to fully prosper, those two elements - interest and time - should be present willingly. Sadly, it is not the same anymore; many if not everyone have diverted their focus, lost interest or are unable to be fully active, and the discouragement from that does not help either. And I am not claiming that as of late, I am any innocent from the mentioned reasons. But with that said, with the core membership breaking, the guild can sadly not survive.

Thus our journey must come to an end. This may not necessarily be a permanent end; we may reform in the future if possible, or if there is enough interest for a guild, or if something major occurs lore-wise, or anything else relevant! But regardless of that, though the "guild" is coming to an end, our RP does not have to. DKs might have to severe ties ICly if one wishes to continue RPing them as something else so they are able to pursue other paths without their fanaticism. But as cultists, one could leave the guild and pursue whatever path/guild/type-of-RP they want while yet retaining their Cult of the Damned philosophy. As I said, I could not have asked for a better community and thus I hope ties are maintained; out chat channel is -----> aotdooc <----- join it! Me and Alieus might leave the guild and infiltrate society or RP something else as our "demeanor", but we will yet remain cultists of the damned. We will still maintain connection with our brethren ICly and RP with each other and might throw events now and then, and so can all of you should you decide not to divert the personality of your cultist characters. What happens to DKs depends on each person and what he/she wants to do with the character (I for one will consider my DK still scourge-bound and just "present" in the Plaguelands, for example).

But with cultists, I consider this point of time to be exactly similar to when Arthas initially dealt with the Cult in Lordaeron and impeded their operations greatly; they all dispersed into society, and laid low in disguise while retaining their beliefs in discretion. This is exactly what could happen to your cultist characters if one wishes for it.

I truly look back on these two years with no regret, and am proud for how far we have come and what we have achieved, and the community we have formed into. I could not have asked for a better guild, or a better group of people to have met and enjoy the past two years with. And thus I really hope we all keep in-touch - I really stress that, in addition to that "Cult of the Damned" RP does not have to end; Scourge RP does not have to end; the "guild" going inactive does not nullify the RP. We can all continue RPing our cultists with their philosophy in discretion, and keep ties ICly while each pursues his - disguise - in society.

Lastly, I thank you all for your loyalty, devotion and contribution to the guild. I could not have asked for a better group of friends to have enjoyed and steered this guild with; the memories we have shared shall not be forgotten, and who knows what the future brings - we may yet share more memories!
Again, I really hope we all remain in-touch and I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Althalos

P.S: A concluding last event may be scheduled, should the need for it arise.

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The End of our Journey.   Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm

It is sad to hear, but indeed it was fun, although I did not have a lot of time, I enjoyed being part of it, I hope we all will find our ways, and hope to see the guild back again, anyway good luck next !

I was known as Savryn mostly, and as RivenGard : )
Back to top Go down
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: The End of our Journey.   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm

The journey is never over.

Death to the living!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com
Z.Glaciera

PostSubject: Re: The End of our Journey.   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 am

Well...ill be crying myself to sleep q.q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: The End of our Journey.   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:34 am

On a side note, should any of you wish to continue role-play with myself personally here is a list of my alts:

Vangrel Lansire - Royal Envoy of Sylvanas (Forsaken)
Arkadii Irondawn - Thane Irondawn (Dwarf)
Valthonius Sunblade - Blood Knight Guard (Sin'Dorei)
Lether - Forsaken Cultist
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of our Journey.   

Back to top Go down

The End of our Journey.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1