This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Black Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: The Black Dawn   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm

IC:

The night was dark and grim, with a dead, gentle wind descending upon the ruined isle of Darrow - the arid breeze carrying the blighted fumes of the east which freckled against the rotten carcasses of the denizens of the broken island. Slowly, one after the other, cultists emerged from the destroyed keep; clad in black and purple garments with large shadowy tomes hanging by their sides with a rusty chain, and sharp smudged daggers held within their right hands.
Swift as a shadow, they treaded out of the island beneath the bloodied skies - their eyes gleaming beneath their dark hoods, but obscured by a dense, violet light reflected from within the satchels they wore around their waist.
Crawling, biting, flapping, growling, grunting and guttering; the noises of Eastern Lordaeron's occupants broke the silence of the night as the cultists treaded through the blighted fungal region. Their brethren, hidden within the faltering foundation of the dusty houses and forests, simply nodded and inclined their heads as the heralds of Scholomance passed by - they were expected.
The calm winds of death descended upon Lordaeron again; the dead leaves flew through the air, the rough dry soil void of life undaunted, and the skies marked red by the realm's woeful past. But with a sudden flash, the blighted air thickened; dark unholy energies ascended into the skies thunderously, originating from various corners of the Plaguelands, and dispersing unto the nearby vicinities until the ethereal magical energies touched the decaying ground - sinking deep through the skeletons and flesh which decorated the landscape.
Silence fell. But not for long.
Iron pounded; flesh gutted; land rumbled - overshadowed, however, by the guttural mewling, growling and groaning of men, women and children; carved and reawakened into heinous, wicked deviations of what was once referred to as life.
Skeletons, ghouls, geists and shambling horrors stood before her at the ziggurat's entrance, their exposed jaws drooling with a crazed hunger. She stared down upon the standing corpses, contemplating thoughtfully.
A man approached her from the rear, his light footsteps echoing through the fuming chamber of palish green vaporized liquid. "What troubles you, sister?" the man asked with a inquisitive tone.
"Will our kin realize the hard truth before it is too late?" the young woman responds pessimistically.
"And what hard truth would that be?"
"When the dead walk... the living shall fill the graves." the woman whispers as she turns to the man.
The man grins wickedly, and places his hand upon her shoulder as he leans towards her. "Does it matter?"
The woman steps backwards as the man retracts his hand. She turns around, her voice decisive and assertive:
"No."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Greetings my fellow dead and soon-to-be-dead things. As most of you might know, when Hollow's End along with the Day of the Dead occurs, our guild throws an annual event which is linked to those two events and holds a great significance to our guild ICly.

Hollow's End is celebrated across all of Azeroth, resembling the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Such a thing is sacrilege to us! Thus, around this time of the year, we throw an annual event to remind the living and the traitor undeads ICly, that the will of the Scourge is not so easily broken! And OOCly, it is just all fun role-play and to have a nice time with ourselves and other fellow role-players.

Though this year, the annual event will be enchanted further due to it colliding with the return of Scholomance. We can create much from this opportunity, and that is what I hope to accomplish.

The idea is pretty simple. Ziggurats.

Ziggurats are scourge structures - towers, which house ash'ari crystals. When the ash'ari crystals have their power channeled through the ziggurats, it allows the structure for the mass reanimation of undeads, and to further blight the nearby land. Though due to the recent lore events, some ziggurats have been cleared out and rendered useless. But Scholomance has returned, along with it plenty of cultists to send off to the ziggurats to re-ignite them and exploit their powers.

This is the aim; sending cultists from Scholomance to the ziggurats around the plaguelands, where Lordaeron will be susceptible to hordes of undeads waging war on the living and the traitor undeads.

There are 3 main premises for this black dawn to occur upon: Trisifal Glades, the Plaguelands and the Ghostlands.

Below is a schedule of what will occur:

Preparation RP:
- Cultists guided and sent to each ziggurat ( Might be DM'ed, or we might face real opposition ).
- Our forsaken agents will attempt to open up a portal from beneath the crypts in the Trisifal Glades, linking it to Plaguewood, and bringing through undeads and cultists. We will likely face opposition and fail ( by the Forsaken, thus RP-PVP ). But that is not our main goal; Ghostlands is, which the Forsaken will find out, and report it to their Bloodelf allies. This is but one way of how it could occur however. The "revelation" of our plans to our enemies might happen differently; nothing is definite yet.

The main annual event; the climax:
- We begin sending our forces from the Plaguelands into the Ghostlands, with the aim of seizing Deatholme, the ziggurats within it and outside of it in the Dead Scar.
- Should we succeed, we send our forces marching up the dead scar to wage war upon the Elven Lands, with the Ghostlands being the battlefield ( RP-PVP, most likely with asking aid from other parties to serve as skeleton/knights/cultists to even the odds).

After-RP:
- The clean-up. Either way, our forces shall be met and defeated, but our effect remains; the ziggurats. We might face opposition from many sides concerning each ziggurat, and we might succeed in defending them or we might fail. This is basically the RP generated from the main event, which could occur with the living of Lordaeron, the Elves, or the Forsaken. It could happen any time and anywhere; the opportunities of further RP that would arise.
-------------------------------------------------------------
This might involve some emote battles with any opposition from alliance side, but many of it, especially our conflicts with the Elves and the Forsaken will be RP-PVP. We might ask other parties to come and RP with us as skeletons/knights/cultists to even the odds and numbers, and allow them to experience the whole storyline if they wish, or simply attend the main events to help us and have fun themselves.

Bare in mind, nothing is set in stone. I'm open for suggestions and arguments; speak freely. The last thing I want is for this to be troubling for anyone.

It's all about having fun.

So speak freely; would some people neglect this completely because they do not like RP-PVP? Please let me know, since I am doing this event for everyone to have fun. But there will most likely be rules placed upon the RP-PVP, to make it more pleasant. And as I said, we will try to even out the numbers.
So ideas, suggestions, thoughts, likes, dislikes. Go ahead and speak it freely but of course in a civilized manner.
Thank you for taking your time to read through this.

P.S: Forum readers, please notify each member of the guild to take a look at this thread. I can not at the current moment since my subscription has run out, but it is important for all our members to know of this and read this, so they would acknowledge it and voice their opinions about it if they want to (which I really hold value of and would appreciate it if they do). And I know things seem to be clustered together, but I will organize my ideas and plan very soon. I just thought of writing down everything first so I would start already and see it through.

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)

Last edited by Althalos on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Very good idea, for visibility and the involvement of other people make sure to post it in as many places as you have access too, the more involved the merrier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com
Deathlord Zalon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm

I enjoy this idea alot, it'll give us a chanse to get out there again, and try to do some RP-PvP withs I am all fine with, as we never really lose lose, and even if we lose a battle, dosen't mean we lose the war!
secon its nice to see we have a yearly event around this hallow's end / day of the dead, really like that charm for us, anyhow it'll be nice to do this event, and I think it'll be good, in either outcome so lets us all try to make it as enjoyable as we can!

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

I'll be there on Duskbringer, I really like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Theodric

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 am

Great idea, i hope this goes well and my guild can contribute in some way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrenya

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Finally got aroud to reading this.
Seems good!

I'd like to know a few days (preferably a week) before this event is going live so I can prepare the Sin Belore for some RPPVP. We always prioritize RPPVP, so if any preplanned event happens to overlap with this one, we don't mind postponing our own events Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm glad that people approve of this!

And aye Vrenya, I was thinking already that when I set the date (which I will try to choose a date convenient to everyone so you wouldn't have to postpone any events) I would give a prior time gap so everyone would take their time to properly prepare for the event. The time gap would probably be around 1 to 2 weeks depending on the date set, so I hope it'll be good for all parties involved.

At the moment I'm just working on a few details left, and I'll personally contact everyone involved to tie any loose end and make sure it's all good for everyone taking part in this.

Thank you all for your interest and for reading the thread ^^

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Dawn   

Back to top Go down

The Black Dawn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1