This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Recruitment Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Recruitment Thread   Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 am

Well I'm working on my recruitment thread, and I thought to try to write out a nice piece of IC text to use in the thread, and this is what I wrote so far. I hope it's good, and thought to let you guys have a look and see what you guys think.

Play this as you read.

IC:

*Old, worn out parchments litter the walls of the Scourge settlements found within Lordaeron, featuring the words held in a speech to rally the orphaned children of the Damned.*

“Servants of the One King, heed my words…

Many accounts have been told of what transpired within these lands, but yet many have been shrouded from reality. What our enemies seem to recall are only presumed acts of wickedness and malice, from which we are deemed to be void of the “righteousness” they claim, void of the “devout” dogmas they hold so dearly to themselves. For such reasons, we are regarded as evil; those whom have committed treason and such terrible sins to earn the justice and judgment they speak of. That is what they have perceived. But what have we witnessed?

I witnessed the flaws of man being purged. I witnessed such loyal and honorable knights whom stood by their King as he sought to put an end to the frailty which endangered our Kingdom. I witnessed how such esteemed men and women, upholding such rightful ideals, lead mortality into totality and perfection. And I witnessed, how with one decisive strike, Lordaeron was torn apart and re-forged into the threshold of what became the mightiest, greatest empire this wretched world has ever known!

Those whom defied us were met with blood! Those whom dared to display sacrilege were thrown into a precipice of anguish and suffering! “Hope” was met with despair. “Faith” was met with unbridled fury. And the “righteousness” they claimed, was met with death! We are void, yes! But we are void of the weaknesses of man! We are void of the confinement which shackles one’s true potential, and binds him to the shell known as humanity.

Lordaeron was ravaged, but it was –their- Lordaeron; the Kingdom which fumed with such vulnerability and fragileness. Because of their ignorance and incapability to mete out what is necessary to prosper, everything they ever knew descended into nothingness. But we witnessed how Lordaeron was reformed into supremacy! We witnessed how it was reformed into the invictus force of desolation known as the Scourge!

And yet, in their arrogance and insolence, our enemies dare to attempt to undo the work of the Master!

I tell you this; these lands will be paved with the blood of those whom dare to defy His will! The reclamation of Lordaeron shall be sounded by the wailing echoes of the fallen! We stand upon Death’s Threshold, and as once it extended its hands and unleashed the Black Dawn upon this world, so too shall it be yet again!

By His will, we shall unite! By His will, we shall prosper! And by His will, we shall plunge this world into a new era; an era of the past, present and future; the era of the Scourge!"

- Scourge Lieutenant, Althalos Rowan.

Atop his frozen throne he sat. And we, his people, knelt before his frozen rule.

OOC:

Whom we are:

Previously known as Army of the Damned, The Frozen Covenant is a cultist RP guild based upon the lore revolving around the Scourge, and specifically the Cult of the Damned. Following the fall of the Lich King Arthas, the Scourge descended into disarray and disorganization until most of the faction fell under the sway of the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon. However, a Scourge faction yet remains in Lordaeron - dominated by the Cult of the Damned - where they willingly remain loyal to Arthas and his Scourge; upholding the will of their dead King and the dark religion taught by Kel'thuzad.

The Frozen Covenant is a sub-group out of that remnant faction; individuals bound to the Cult of the Damned. We have been around for more than a year now, and it is our hope that this slightly revamped direction will enhance the concept and cause us to prosper further on.

What we offer:

We offer a lawful evil organization where we aim to present a grim, twisted way of life and religion tailored towards the existence of the Cult of the Damned and a decent standard of role-play regarding cultism and the interests, conflicts and effects it presents.

Where others follow the Light or other doctrines and faiths, we follow the dark religion taught by Kel'thuzad. Thus the Cult encompasses ordinary individuals that live their lives normally, but for one reason or another, have chosen this form of an existence to follow and see truth in its ideals; be it ambition, transcendence, pragmatism, amorality, etc. Therefore, you do not even have to join our guild to actually join us ICly; you will be encouraged to RP amidst others normally, where the guild will be available for influential guidance and support in this lurid aspect of your life which will hopefully provide conflict.

Additionally, the Cult is not only discreet but contains a military aspect due to the lore, from which cultists would work towards specific militaristic goals to aid their Death Knights and the Undead in their attempted conquest of humanity. Where we are mainly a Cult and seek to spread out, we will yet remain tied to our dead nation in the North, seeking to offer an insight in how "life" endures in such a community and provide RP to those whom wish to play Death Knights amidst the Cult.

OOCly, we seek to hopefully promote Cultist RP, be it in the North or anywhere else, and add in some well founded atmosphere to anyone engaging in this part of the lore, and hopefully have some enjoyable fun experiences with any whom we shall role-play with!

IC Organization:

Based upon the lore, there is no clear hierarchy or structure to how the Cult is organized; the apparent chaos serves the purpose of protecting individual persons of note whom, despite the disorganization, are responsible for the tightly run operation of mortals dedicated to the study of dark magic and Kel'thuzad's religion, expansion of the Cult's sphere of control and recruitment of mortal members. And such a manner of organization is implemented within our guild, where members undergo only two ranks to prove their worth - Acolyte and Dark Adept - and then choose which role to undertake in their RP with no further hierarchy:

Necromancer - death is power, and Necromancers indulge upon this power to no restraint. Preaching their ideals and the will of their Master zealously, Necromancers twist their knowledge of the arcane to raise legions of undead to bolster their forces, channel unholy energies to "heal" their allies, or rain doom upon their enemies through vile dark magic - only to dominate in the name of their religion. Make no mistake, these Deathpriests will see to it that the will of their Master is done.

Blightweaver - nothing is as certain as death, and it is this very certainty that Blightweavers exploit at their behest. Agile, deceptive and lethal - these insidious men and women are responsible for the dispatching of the poisonous, festering diseases and plagues which terrorizes the living and shatters their foundation from within their walls. Armed with a fascination in undeath, these assassins work together with their comrades to brew the vile tools which ensures that death is delivered in the most horrendous form, before they slip past enemy lines and plant them.

Blackguard - individuality is a flaw of a nature, and it is for this reason that the Blackguards exist: to ensure that everything runs in accordance to the Master's will. These enforcers of the "law" preserve the rightful order of things, where weak links within the Cult are dealt with mercilessly and any potential threat is exterminated; servitude must be maintained. These individuals apply whatever little knowledge of dark magic they have to power their strikes and aid their allies, until fully ascending into what every other cultist desires; immortality.

Death Knight - eternity is relentless, but so are these crusaders of the damned. Embodying an unwavering loyalty and tenacity, these Knights follow a strict code of conduct where they will strive to mete out the judgment of their King or else. For twisted by their runeblades and the aftermath of undeath, Death Knights employ their dark powers to dominate and destroy until the world itself is reforged into what they see fit; a perfect, flawless demeanor reflecting the sanctity and righteousness of their King.

Apart from these roles, there are two additional ranks present, which constitutes the officers whom will be leading the guild and planning events. ICly they are experienced notable members whom would be responsible for managing the Cult operations while offering guidance and direction when required and yet equally working alongside other members.

Rules of Membership:

As long as one respects and follows all the general rules regarding RP and the game itself, maintains a respectful attitude with others, and has a viable IC reason to seek out our guild and join us - without crossing over any lore boundaries - then he or she is welcome to join! Additionally, one must not actually join our guild to join us ICly; we resemble a way of life, and it is open to anyone who wishes to follow it!

And thank you for taking your time to read through our post! To apply or learn more about us, visit <<< http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com >>>. Should you require to get in-touch with any of us, you can contact Alieus, Kerethar, Lelara, Zhuyan or myself on Althaløs.

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)

Last edited by Althalos on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:15 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 am

I wonder, would a large change be if we changed the guild name. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com
Jemerick

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I know i have not much to do here, just thought to throw in my opinion here.

I think it's really good and would be perfect part of a new recruitment thread. The music matches nicely as one reads on, like it was composed to your writing. Though i believe it more happened the other way.

Well done, Althalos.

As to the guild name change, is it even possible to change?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am

It costs twenty euro or something..
Back to top Go down
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks Jemerick! Smile

And I have thought about changing the guild name several times, but so far never really decided about it. AotD is great for now, but if the general public prefers a new name, I wouldn't mind doing it.

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I updated the post with the OOC part of the recruitment thread as well, to show everyone what I wrote down so far to see what people think. I know it might be a bit too long but.. ah well, I hope its good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lelara

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 am

I think the new recruitment thread is looking great, it's well writen, up to date and most importantly explains who we are and what we do far better than previous versions. Good work with it boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:00 pm

10/10

Post it!
Back to top Go down
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks to ya both! Smile

Aye, I shall post it soon!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 pm

After much brainstorming and discussion with many people, I have decided to go forth with the slight revamped direction of the guild! As due to last night's event, we are now more united with the Cult of the Damned as it makes much sense in the lore, and this will hopefully enhance our concept and cause us to prosper further on!

Reason being, that it will in no way harm what we are doing at the current moment; this is an expansion, which actually serves to make things more clear and concise, and increases the potential we have within our guild. It allows us to be able to interact with the larger community, and yet remain bolstering our own. Thus, we are not completely changing. Merely keeping our own RP, and adding more potential and ambition to it!

Thus, I updated the OOC part of the recruitment thread (And made the IC part of the thread into a poster, which would be better I believe. To be more available to all of us ICly, and not just designated upon a certain group.). I tried making it as abundant, concise and short as possible. I knew the last was so long, but hopefully I covered everything in this one by fully explaining what we are.

And as noticed, there could be a possible change name. For now, its "The Frozen Covenant" (which is open for change) because of how fitting it is. It is not too explicit, yet intriguing and interesting, and holds a deeper meaning and could refer to a multiple of things due to what a covenant is (a law; a agreement; a promise between God and man) but yet all definitions fit to what it actually means to our guild.

Hope the whole thing is good!

PS: I did not change the IC part of the recruitment thread, because as I stated earlier, nothing major ICly is changing. We're merely moving into this direction because it makes most sense at the current moment due to the lore, and has much more potential.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Thread   

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1