This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Again, its just writing whatever comes to my mind to actually not stop myself from writing out of fear and doubt and such. I hope you would enjoy this Smile It is basically, as the title perdicts, the jounral of a mad scientist; guess who? ^^.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Should you be travelling the Western or Eastern Plaguelands, a copy of the following parchment might be found. The parchment is rather old and gray, with the edges torn of; clearly predicting that it is but one page teared out of a book. The Ink is pitch black, with a clear and rather fashioned hand-writing.*

My most humblest and modest greetings to all my fellow readers and colleagues who have come across the work of an old man's conquest.

First, I shall begin with a proper introduction, for let us not forget such gracious formalities and manners which has perserved human civilization for so long. I, am Doctor Barthemolio Baahl; Kirin Tor mage, Lordaeronian Medic.

What I am about to reveal, is the sweat and pain of long years of research, and the induldgement in all manners of books, magic and practical applications of what would define a man as a doctor. But be warned, for this journey that you are about to undertake, is not for the faint-hearted.

As a doctor, it is not unusual for any who is peering upon my words to guess that I have spent long days and nights in attempts to discover and grasp all various methods of curing the heinous diseases and mortal wounds which would put a man's life on risk. And upon each endeavor, through the research of our ancestors and most esteemed doctors and healers, I have succeeded in conjuring any means necessary to vanquish all manners of sickness except one; death.

The very uttering of that word bestows upon me such sadness and despair.. for against its inevitable eyes, I lay weakened and hopeless. To find the cure to that which brings about the end of all races, that is the dream of most doctors and medics; to ensure their patients, that as long as we are granted the honor to look after their lives, they are safe. But countless times, have men and women slipped through my fingers; to be granted the trust upon one's life, and hopelessly demeaning it. I have had enough of such torture, of such guilt, that I would refuse to not remain in control of our souls, that I would refuse to see humanity being controlled of such a terrible fate as death. My dear readers, I ask of you to join me on my quest; read with me, learn with me, conclude with me. Let us together, take control of our lives.

Should you accept my invitation, I must, mostly humbly, ask of one condition. Lock away your beliefs, ethics, or any other manner of dogma you follow. If by my words, you would feel offended, then I must urge you to rest assure that what you think is not my intention at all. Many scientific and academic revelations have been impaired with the intervention of religous doctrines which prevent us to truely achieve our potential. Yes, at most times, their intervention is quaint and timely, but to truely grasp what is unfathomable, to achieve what is impossible, we must by all means consult with unorthodox methods and forbidden or rather rejected arts. My fellow readers, please, if I harm your beliefs, then shut this book and do not linger upon my name, for the last thing I intend is to insult you. But if you are able to hold true to my condition, to use only reason and logic upon this conquest, to only base your judgement upon the fact and the observation, the conclusion and the evidence! Then please, by all means, join me.

My request might sound unusual or abnormal, but I have run out of time, and to bound myself to limits is something I cannot comprehend. I shall achieve my goal through any means! No manner of personal conjecture nor surmise shall prevent me! And I ask of you, to shroud away any manner of dogma and leave only your reason and logic so you would truely be able to grasp your potential through only practical physical and magical manifestations, to understand how this world operates, so together, we would truely be in control of our fates.

And so, my lovely readers, let us go upon this journey, for if we succeed... then death shall become absolete... and mortality shall become immortality. Thus turn the page - should you dare - and together, let us unravel these mysteries.

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Very nice, very nice. I might make a new account and write Scourge propaganda on the official forum :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scourgerp.forum-motion.com
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 pm

thanks SmileSmile and haha, that would be nice Very Happy

I already posted this part in the IC section on the forums^^ Hoping it would stir up some interest ICly as I release more pages Smile

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue   

Back to top Go down

Journal of a Mad Scientest - Prologue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1