This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

His demise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:18 am

Standing alone in the empty halls of Zul'Drak he heard no sound, not the stumbling of the death knights nor the scraping sounds of the ghouls that so often accompanied them. It was night time now, it was always night time in Zul'drak. The shadows danced as the unearthly light pulsating from the tele-porting area pumped out rays. This Citadel, this magnificent Necropolis raised in the name of the Lich King and as a testament to his own capability and power. But who was he now? A Lich, a leader, a master. He felt that those that served, had served better than he had. The Scourgelord, emotionless, calculated and unpredictable, capable of withstanding dozens of paladins and destroying equally as many. The Instructor whom he had assigned, equally as capable and magnificent in combat. The Cultists he himself had trained and brought up, capable of leading the rest, he was now useless. His orders not required, his council useless.

He decided long ago that when his rightful King and Master did not require his servitude anymore he would take his own physical body and destroy it. He would plunge through the shadow realm regardless of the consequences. Remaining still he lifted his old hand and began to channel a direct, and unstable connection to the realm of the Lich King. He would transport his body and his mind to where he could not return from. This, he accepted.

The world of shadows awaited.

Endless pain. As soon as he had plummeted through the portal his mind had forsaken him. He was attacked instantly by creations only capable of being controlled by the Lich King, tearing his body to pieces and separating his mind from his corpse. His mind now captured in phase, wait, this was not the World of Shadows. These were not the creatures of the Lich King.

The Twisting Nether. The power of the void had dragged him through the Spirit Realm, those he banished, those he killed, grasping at the mortal realm, barely being kept in check by the not-so-clear division of magic.

Where was he now? Damned.

The shadowy figure around him staring down at his tiny manifestation of his mind, locked in a crystal like bowl he was held in place by a being of unimaginable power and height within the Demonic world. What was this creature, was he the one who dragged the Lich through several realms without hesitation? An agent, an adept, a master. A creature defined only by the limitations of imagination, incapable of trespassing into the living world, incapable of communicating with his minions. A dread lord. Here on his own agenda? Unlikely.

"Silence" burst through his mind, shattering the crystal surrounding and forcing his entity to float towards the eyes of the giant being.

" You killed several of my minions, little Lich. You forsake yourself to a creature my master tried to destroy, I have hidden you in this corner of the Twisting Nether away from the eyes of bigger and more powerful beings, you belong to me. Your mind, your body, I have even have your little soul shard you so foolishly threw away"

He produced the ring, the one tiny ring the Lich had so long ago put his spirit into.

"I am from the world known as Xoroth, a survivor young Lich, like you"

The being stood eye to eye with the entity of the Lich. Even in this world of shadow, this dimensional and unknown connection of the mortal plane, he could feel a breath. A steaming hot breath, upon his eyes, his cheeks, his face.

Kadump. He fell on the floor, confused as to what was going on. Wait, he fell? He looked up. Confused. Darkness ensued as he panicked. This new feeling erupted within him as confusion followed, he then opened his eyes. Eyes? Breathing?

He was, alive? Looking around him, testing his feet, his arms, his nose, eyes, ears. This was magic beyond anything he experienced, nobody and nothing could grant him life. A trick, an illusion, sorcery. He roared out loud and saw birds flutter from the trees nearby. Confusion grasped his mind again as reality overwhelmed him. He collapsed.

No little creature, that was only a tiny amount of what I am capable of.

What is life? Life is what you achieve, life is what you conquer, love, fear, hate. Life was all around him, and this creature, could grant him it. What did the Lich long for? Vengeance. He longed for Vengeance on the mortal realm, vengeance on those who betrayed him in the past and those who planned to betray him. The Damned, little as they were, remained loyal to their cause, but confused in whom they served.

Held in one place, the gravity he speculated softly in his mind, pulled at him from all directions. The sheer, infinite of the Nether itself stretched all around him. Slowly as if without thought his body began to form itself around him. The Demon that stood before him was now gone, nothingness in front of him. He felt ground beneath his feet, a red, dust colored floor. Had he gone crazy? He was in a body again, his own? Maybe.
Extending his hand in-front of him he watched the ground make way and change to the very thoughts of his mind, this was the Nether. His magic expanded tenfold, his imagination now became the only limit to the capabilities he now received. Blowing the fragments of rock before him, he decided to build a city. An empire. Buildings rose and fell as the one known as a Lich now built his empire, people appeared, insects, dogs, the grass, a shining sun. He built his own living and mortal realm, where he would be the creator, the destroyer.

As the Lich got to work, a tiny dome was picked up by the fiery behemoth, this dome contained the Lich and all he had created. This Behemoth stood at least a thousand times in length and height as the first who picked up the mind entity of the Lich, tiny compared to the size of the Nether. A fragment.

Inside this dome the Lich remained, guarded by fiery behemoths and churning portals of glowing spheres and massive eyes, guarded, controlled.

An era finished, the era of the Krathos the Lich, known in life as James Longfield and by his family as Little Jam.

Back to top Go down
Zhuyan

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:28 am

call me oversensible but i have almost cryed.

farwell, james. And good luck, vartus.

you both will be missed, and the damned has changed into something with an unknow future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:30 am

Ta-ta.
Back to top Go down
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 am

*sighs*

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyone

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

I find it all a bit...

over reacting if you ask me...

(yes.i know im the one who says that..mr dramaqueen)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnumbles

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm

So what happens now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lelara

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

It's been real, take care of your self
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jemerick

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Heh.. I knew what it was about the moment Alieus linked this to me and i saw it was written by you. My fear came true.

I'm sorry to see you chose to leave, but certainly you have your reason. You'll be definitely missed. Goodluck.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhuyan

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Gnumbles wrote:
So what happens now?

i think althalos will keep the lead. the guild will still be here as like the uber events, but sill its sad to see vartus go, was awesome to RP with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barunita

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

IC question. How does others feel it? Perhaps do we feel that you are missing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Any way you want. I won't tell you the consequences of going against your master cos then people would metagame and remain loyal.

So do whatever it is you wish.

Back to top Go down
Barunita

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Heh no you didnt get it. With now you as lich, disappearing from Azeroth is there void we can feel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Ah, you'l feel the lack of somebody watching you aye.
Back to top Go down
Barunita

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Good thats what I wanted to hear, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Don't forget the Nether has eyes.

And warlocks have Eye of Kilrog.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Barunita

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Raid are eye-proof Razz xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Back to top Go down
Barunita

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 pm

What exactly are you thinking about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emily

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Nice story, and I wish the new leader(s?) good luck. Just wondering though, wouldn't he have an orc name in his young years? Seeing as liches originally were Gul'dan's death knights (Generation one). They took the corpses of humans after Stormwind fell and put the souls of Gul'dan's followers in them, who were orcs. Or well, atleast originally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 am

Read my previous stories to understand. He is a self made Lich (stole a phylactery)
Like Kel'Thuzad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: His demise.   

Back to top Go down

His demise.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1